M How to cook a wild hog (100 lbs or less) shoulder or ham
Marinate in this mixture for at least 24 hours in refrigerator: 2 cups fresh orange juice 2 tsp salt 1 tsp black pepper 2 tsp everglades sesoning 1\2 tsp garlic powder Mix well After proper marinate, splash with worcestershire and slow cook over a wood fire or wood chips on gas grill.
1 lb boned and cubed boar meat
1/2 lb bacon
1 onion chopped
1 tsp. crushed garlic
2 tsp. curry powder
1/2 cup water
2 Tbs. parsley flakes
1 can stewed tomatoes
(16 oz) 1/4 cup sliced carrots
2 medium potatoes
2 Tbs. cornstarch In a skillet fry bacon until crisp.
Remove bacon, cool, crumble and set aside. Pour off all but about 3 Tbs. of bacon grease. Cook boar meat cubes, onion, garlic, and curry powder in remaining grease until meat is browned. Stir during cooking. Stir in 1/4 cup of water. Remove from heat and set aside. In a 2 qt casserole combine parsley, stewed tomatoes, carrots and potatoes. Add meat mixture to casserole and mix well. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Mix 2 Tbs. cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and stir into casserole. Bake for 30 more minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender.
Hog Chops w/Wild Rice
This recipe can be cooked either in a crockpot or on top of the stove in a skillet with a lid. This recipe addresses the skillet method. 4 - 6 Wild Hog Pork Chops 1 Tbs. oil Salt and pepper to taste 1 can cream of mushroom soup 1 can of diced chilies and tomatoes 1 chopped onion 1 Cup long grain white rice and 1/4 Cup wild rice 3 Cups water
1. After pork chops have soaked in salt water solution 20-30 minutes and have been rinsed
2. Turn skillet on high and add the oil
3. Place the chopped onion in the bottom of the skillet; stir constantly until opaque.
4. Place the pork chops on top of the onions and brown on both sides
5. Add the can of cream of mushroom soup
6. Add the can of diced chilies and tomatoes with the liquid
7. Add salt and pepper to taste
8. Add any optional spices your family may prefer
9. Stir this mixture
10. Turn skillet down to medium (mixture should cook but not boil over)
11. Cook 30 - 45 minutes (chops should be fork tender)
12. In a separate add the water
13. Bring water to full boil
14. Add the rice
15. Cover and reduce to simmer
16. Cook rice for 20-30 minutes (until wild rice is done)
17. Serve pork chops over rice with green salad, rolls and iced tea
Wild Boar Loin Teriyaki
2 lb. Boar loin ½ cup teriyaki marinade
1/8 tsp. white pepper
1/8 cup teriyaki glaze Canola oil
1/8 cube margarine
2 cloves garlic
1/8-cup Madeira wine Cut long into medallions, cross-grain, and shape with meat hammer. Sprinkle with white pepper. Brown both sides of meat in skillet with canal oil over medium heat and remove. Add garlic cloves to pan and stir. Return meat to pan and heat for 2 minutes, turning several times. Lower heat and cook for 2 more minutes. Add teriyaki marinade and let cook into meat. Remove meat and place in serving dish. Add teriyaki glaze, margin, and wine to pan, stirring constantly. When heated through, pour over meat. Serve as main course with a green vegetable and boiled potatoes.
Content copyright . Hog Wild Wranglers. All rights reserved.